Wonderful doesn’t have to be perfect

I ditched my long run this weekend due to knee soreness.

Not a lot… but enough to make me very cautious. Taking a few days now when I need it means I hopefully won’t be out for months like last year. Frustrating, but necessary. That’s what I keep telling myself.

DIY Pallet Desk {PilotingPaperAirplanes.com}Aside from not running, I had a fabulous weekend! Best part: starting a DIY pallet desk project with Jon. We’re using our tax refund to replace Jon’s 7+–year–old computer, so obviously, a new computer means a new desk. I’m excited and we love working on projects like this.

We also got dressed up for Easter and I made my great–grandmother’s coffee cake – seriously the best recipe ever. My family doesn’t make anything else.

Easter Best {PilotingPaperAirplanes.com}

Great-grandma's Coffee Cake {PilotingPaperAirplanes.com}

The last few days felt like a stop–and–smell–the–roses weekend and today’s motivation reflects that. Always need a reminder to slow down, right?

Did you do anything exciting for Easter?
How about DIY projects – anyone built a desk or table before?

Like what you read? Share with a friend!

Tags: , ,

6 Responses to Wonderful doesn’t have to be perfect

1. Casey Voight says:

Awesome, I can’t wait to see the desk. That coffee cake looks delish!

• LarissaDaltonS says:

I can’t wait to see it either! We’re starting with a basic idea, but won’t know exactly how it’ll work until we start putting it together. Desk on the fly, I guess.

2. Jennifer says:

Fine looking couple 🙂 It’s nice to take a break sometimes!

• LarissaDaltonS says:

Thanks! The last time we dressed up remotely this nice was our wedding in August. We tend to be very casual so we had a good time with it.

3. Michelle says:

It’s always good to listen to your body!! Hopefully your knee feels better soon.

Mmmm… coffee cake. I might have to make one of those this week… Is yours the “old fashion” kind with sour cream?

• LarissaDaltonS says:

Yes ma’am! Decidedly NOT a healthy cake (though I’m curious how it would be if I substituted greek yogurt for the sour cream and apple sauce for the oil). It’s just too perfect to mess with; I’d rather it be a special treat in all it’s unhealthiness.