|style| Favorite spring fashion trends

Apr 13, 15 • |style|18 CommentsRead More »

My favorite style bloggers have all been talking spring fashion trends for weeks. Now that spring is here to stay, I can Pinterest my heart out choosing my favorites – and a few I don’t understand. I may have a few online shopping carts of spring and summer tops hanging around.

1. Palette

Pantone color spring fashion trends {PilotingPaperAirplanes.com}

I’m happy to say all the navies, mints and corals you have from last spring can be worn again. The palette is a bit different, but close enough in my book. Three colors stand out the most to me: custard, tangerine and glacier gray.

• Yellow gets a bad rap. I firmly believe everyone can wear some shade of yellow. Try a pale canary yellow with lots of white undertones. Or one with tan undertones like a wheat yellow. Or a bold sunshine yellow with some red hues in it. This pretty pale custard yellow and tangerine orange offer a lot of possibilities to explore.

• And the gray. It is my perfect neutral.

• Also, lots of white. I love it. I need a pair of white jeans in my life; how this hasn’t happened yet I’m not sure.

2. Patterns

Favorite Spring Fashion Trends - Floral Favorite Spring Fashion Trends - Gingham Favorite Spring Fashion Trends - Tribal

Name your favorite pattern, ready set go. Lots to choose from!

• Plenty of big and bold florals, of course, and lots of stripes, certainly. I’m loving floral on shoes. I want these and these.

• Pinterest and Google also tell me checkered patterns of gingham and plaid are in the mix. I guess it’s an easy transition from the buffalo plaid of this winter.

• Fringe is still big from last summer and fall. In fact, I think summer fringe is like spring florals. Staples. The boho vibe lives on. What I haven’t noticed as much is lace. It’s around and I’ll wear all the lace because I love it, but it doesn’t seem as prominent this year.

• I also feel like I see a lot of tribal prints. Seems like less animal print, more tribal print. It’s a little geometric, a little boho, various loose cultural inspirations, lots of color. I like it.

3. Pieces

Favorite Spring Fashion Trends - Shirt Dress Favorite Spring Fashion Trends - Kimono Favorite Spring Fashion Trends - Flairs

When looking to ad a few key seasonal pieces, start with these.

• Overalls are still around. I don’t get it.

• Shirt dresses are a big thing this year. These can be formal office look or casual beachy boho. I love the look, but button downs and I struggle to be friends. I want to see how I feel about dresses.

• Speaking of boho style, the kimono makes a strong comeback this spring.

• Denim. Lots of faded and distressed denim. I haven’t really gotten into the hole-y jeans look. I like a simple knee tear and I don’t mind some edge fray or the sandpapered worn look, but some distressed looks I see are barely jeans anymore.

Also, flairs. I don’t think this is for me. I’m still too jaded from the flared jeans of my youth. And this cropped flair trend? Hm, no. Same goes for the culotte comeback.

Thanks for reading!

So what do you think?
What are your favorite spring fashion trends this year?

Fitful Focus

Tags: , , , , ,

18 Responses to |style| Favorite spring fashion trends

1. Jill says:

I was BIG into overalls and flared jeans in high school and that was back in the 90s. Perhaps I was ahead of my time?!? Ha!
    I love yellow for Spring and summer! I always say whenever I get married I want to have a summer wedding with all my girls wearing yellow dresses. Yellow just makespeople happy.
    Jill recently posted…Step by StepMy Profile

• LarissaDaltonS says:

Oh I LOVE pale yellow wedding dresses. Love love love.

I had all the flairs in high school, too. I mean, I know styles always cycle back around; I just didn’t expect it this soon? Clearly I don’t know enough about fashion trends!

2. Amber says:

I am never one to “follow the trends” since I never feel quite right in them…I like mint, but don’t own a lot of it, as for overalls and flares, I prefer to leave them in my 90s days 🙂
    Amber recently posted…Protein Packed PizzaMy Profile

• LarissaDaltonS says:

I feel like I’m always a year or so behind the trends. It takes me a while to warm up to them. By the time I feel like “yes, I can make this work for me” it’s on the way out. Ha! Better to stick with classics that work well for me.

3. I’ve been looking for a pair of white jeans too… been thinking of trying Frame denim, have heard the fit is amazing!

• LarissaDaltonS says:

Ooh nice! I haven’t done much shopping around yet. I do have a pair of blue skinnies that got stained, so maybe I’ll try bleaching? I seem to remember seeing a tutorial about that.

• Tish says:

It’s about time sonmoee wrote about this.

• Really? I've never had a problem with them not accepting a coupon or anything I buy there; expired coupons, up to as many coupons as items, no problem. Just dropped over $500 there and ran out of coupons. I felt naked.

• 在乎2012 å¹´ 10 月 11 日游戏渠道:pp助手版幻想精灵 区服:闪耀平原 账号:aacao ID号:18515 角色名:无尽灬在乎 我的建议/想法:可以在世界聊天那里加入发出信息的时间,每次看到世界聊天 都不知道什么时候发的,想去和人打宁溪亲亲的 看到别人在叫组队却不知道什么时候发的 还要去宁溪看看才能知道是不是这个时候发的.另外精灵的蛋组可以设置在精灵里面看到,这样能更方便让我们孵化

• Bravo pour ces billets plein d’humour et si réactifs par rapport à l’actualité. Quelle imagination ! Je ne me lasse pas de parcourir ce blog, et y découvre des pépites.

• Loralee Ford / I wonder at his comment "a majority of Americans supporting marriage rights for gay and lesbian couples." If that were so, wouldn't Gay Marriage be on the books in most, if not all, of our United States? Just something for Mr. Joughin to ponder.

• I can’t hear anything over the sound of how awesome this article is.

4. I am loving shirt dresses back in style and can’t wait to grab one! Yay spring!
    Deborah @ Confessions of a Mother Runner recently posted…Firmoo Fashionable EyewearMy Profile

• LarissaDaltonS says:

I just picked one up on clearance and was so excited! It shrunk after one wash. I even hung it to dry! So disappointing. Now it’s great for a longer top over leggings or jeans, but probably too short to be a comfortable dress.

5. I am loving the cute denim shirt dress I picked up from the Loft!
    Mary Beth Jackson recently posted…How do you refuel?My Profile

• LarissaDaltonS says:

I keep eyeing the denim or chambray dresses. They seem like the perfect summer piece for my casual self.

6. I love all the outfits you pulled. I’m a huge fan of tribal prints and I might need to get a kimono! I’m not sure how I feel about shirt dresses. I feel like I can’t pull them off haha. Thanks for linking up!
    Nicole @ Fitful Focus recently posted…Fabletics April CollectionMy Profile

• LarissaDaltonS says:

I made a couple kimonos last year. I like wearing the style, but don’t love it. Tribal prints though. That could my jam. I like just about everything I see with a bright tribal-inspired print.